Point-to-Point system for blood tube transport
Looking for a safe and fast way to get your blood samples from the point of being drawn to your laboratory, getting reliable answers quicker? The Tempus600 Point-to-Point system offers just that.
The fastest and most reliable way to transport blood samples is with Tempus600 a Point-to-Point system for blood tube transport. With a dedicated Point-to-Point system for blood tube transport, there is no risk for delays or batching because of lack of capacity in the transport system.
Another benefit with the Tempus600, Point-to-Point system for blood tube transport, is the high up-time of the system. Today, the measured uptime of all installed systems is 99.8 %.
The Tempus600 Point-to-Point system for blood tube transport is developed especially for the purpose of transporting blood samples and small clinical samples from the different departments in the hospitals to the laboratory. In the laboratory, it can be connected directly to the automation system to prevent the blood samples from being affected by various common factors which can affect the total turnaround time of blood samples.
Advantages of a Point-to-Point system
Implementing the Tempus600 Point-to-Point system for the blood sample transportation in your hospital eliminates a whole range of unnecessary but common implications:
- No more batching of blood samples
- No packaging of samples
- No opening of sample carriers
- No risk of misdeliveries
- No delays in dispatching samples
- No delays in receiving samples
- No risk of collisions
- No stops or changes along the way
- No more handling of the samples
- No impact on blood properties
- No impact on blood quality
- No special handling of STAT samples required
How does Tempus600 work?
Simply place the blood sample in the “loading hole” in the sending unit located in the department directly after having drawn the blood. The sending unit sends the sample through the Point-to-Point transport tube directly connected to the automation in the laboratory. Here it is automatically lifted and placed on the automation track. As simple as that!
By implementing the Tempus600 Point-to-Point system the ToTAT (Total Turnaround Time) is significantly reduced.
Benefits of using Tempus600
There are benefits both for the laboratory and the hospital departments but mostly for the patients since the reduced turnaround time results in reduced discharge times.
- Patients and doctors waiting for the results of the blood samples will know earlier, resulting in the patient being allocated to the right department earlier and the treatment of the patient can begin sooner. Or on the other hand, the patient can be comforted and send home without unnecessarily occupying hospital beds.
- The direct and steady arrival of blood samples frees up human competences in the laboratory and wards, as no handling is needed, and hence no unnecessary time is spent on this. Instead, resources are utilized better and where needed.
- The steady flow of samples reduces the peak of sample arrivals and thus significantly minimizes the strain on lab equipment and instrumentation while increasing the timely production of analyses.
- Other transportation systems relying on receiving other goods experience fewer bottleneck situations due to the removal of a large number of blood samples from the system.